Tuesday 4 March 2014

Banana Yogurt Muffins





I think most people like and dislike eating some sorts of food.I don't bananas. I think the taste a little bit weird and I also don't like the mushy texture of bananas. However, my husband does like bananas so he is the one who always buy bananas. 

Although I don't eat bananas I never threw them away when they turn brown. I usually turn the browning bananas into Banana cakes. I've tried many banana cakes recipes but this's one of my favorite banana bread/cakes/muffins of all time.


Yield: About 6 Texas muffins

Ingredients
  • 150 grams plain flour
  • 50  grams plain yogurt 
  • 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 150 grams sugar
  • 70 grams butter, melted and cooled
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 mashed bananas

Methods


1.Preheat the oven to moderate 180 C. Lightly grease Texas muffin pan or line the muffin pan with baking cups.  

2.Sift the flour,bicarbonate of soda,baking powder,salt into a bowl and add sugar. Add eggs and butter and mix until combined.Whisk together yogurt, bananas and vanilla essence.I also add sunflower seeds and oatmeal to make a little bit healthier. Fold the mixture gently until just combined.




3.Fill each hole about three-quarters full.Bake about 30 mins or until the muffins are risen and golden.




4.Allow to cool for a couple minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Server warm or at room temperature. 






Hope you enjoy this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails