Wednesday 26 February 2014

Fish Cakes

Thai Fish Cakes


Every time I have fish cakes or see them, it always brings back my childhood memories. When I was a child I often had fish cakes with rice after school. My mom would cut fish cakes into small pieces and add some fish sauce.It is one of the first dishes that I learned how to cook.

This fish cakes recipe, I learned it from my lovely mother.The dish is full of flavour of herbs.



Yield: About 20 pieces 

Ingredients
  • 600 grams cod fillet, cut into chunks
  • 2 tbs red curry paste
  • 4 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
  • 2 tbs Thai sweet basil leaves
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbs Thai fish sauce
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 cup green beans,thinly sliced

Methods


1.Put the chunks of fish, curry paste and egg in a food processor, add fish sauce and sugar and process to a smooth paste. 


Methods to make Fish Cakes



2.Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add kaffir lime leaves,Thai sweet basil leaves and green beans. Mix until combined. 

3. Roll the mixture into balls. Take a ball in your hand and gently press it into a flat cake using your palm. 

4.Heat the oil in a deep frying pan about 45 seconds then fry the fish cakes, a few at a time for about 5 minutes until cooked.


5.Remove the fish cake from the pan and place them on kitchen paper. Garnish with fried basil leaves and serve with sweet chili sauce.

Fry Fish Cakes



Enjoy Cooking 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails