Sunday 9 February 2014

Beetroot Brownie


brownie
Beetroot Brownie


I've to say I love the idea of being self-sufficient.Grow your own food and veggies.I grow my own veggies. In this summer, I've got a lot of beetroot. 

I always cooked beetroot in a salad dish. I know it is a little bit boring. Until, I watched a U.K cooking show "River cottage" and was on-air in New Zealand. It inspired me to cook this recipe.
beetroot
My home grown beetroot 



Ready in 50 mins
brownie_in

Ingredients
  • 200g all purpose flour
  • 250g unsalted butter  (Cut into cubes)
  • 250g dark chocolate ( 70% cocoa solids) broken into pieces
  • 250g caster sugar
  • 250g cooked beetroot  (peeled and grated)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 100g cashew nuts (optional)

Method

1. Pre-heat oven 180 C

2. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water, make sure that base of bowl does not touch with water. Stirring frequently. When it melt completely, let it cool down.

melted choco

3. Sift flour, baking power and salt in a bowl, place it to one side.


4. Whisk  eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until well combined, then add  melted chocolate and butter mix until combined.


5. Add sifted flour and gently fold in with a spatula until combined. Fold in grated beetroot and cashew nuts. Mix until well combined but do not over mix.


6. Pour the mixture into lined baking tin. Bake for 45-50 mins. When it cook, a skewer inserted should come out mostly clean. Remove tin from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.

brownie_howto

brownie2
Beetroot brownie



It seems complicated to cook, but it is easy and delicious!


Click here to see the original recipe

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails